But this week, I continued to avoid binding but put some other helpful hints to work. As Leah suggested, as I sewed the strips of sashing to the shirts, I didn't pin. No ripples! Also, as B suggested, I used the lengthwise grain instead of selvage to selvage and it worked much better. B suggested pinning; I'll have to try that and compare. So far, I've had more success with no pins and careful feeding of the fabric no matter what I'm working on.
So here's the progress so far...
And without a doubt my favorite shirt is the Baby Einstein reading Science magazine. Never would I have guessed I'd be teaching my high school students to write papers that they could submit to peer-reviewed journals someday as I bought my first STUDENT edition of the magazine (the t-shirt must have been a "free" gift.)
But wait, there's more...my UFO progress has extended to my knitting habit too...
The pair of socks I started during professional development in August...finished!
|Blocking in progress|
Of course, I've come to the awful realization that the Christmas knitting season has arrived. Here's two upcoming projects:
|Use the white Misti Alpaca "baby me boo" to make another cowl.|
And finally, my hubby made a great meal tonight...we bought a spice mix for tandoori chicken, marinated overnight and broiled. I found a fabulous recipe for spicy Indian green beans here. And the garlic naan was from Trader Joe's...yum!