Tuesday, September 30, 2014

100 Quilts for Kids


Each summer our guild, the DC Modern Quilt Guild, hosts an annual charity drive gathering up quilts we've made together or individually to donate.  Check out more about 100 Quilts for Kids here!

When I joined the guild three years ago, I started this quilt with fabric inherited from my dear grandmother-in-law.  It's been sitting, waiting for binding, all that time.  (I really hate binding quilts...it's sort of ridiculous.)  Well, there was no "I'm new to this school" or "We just bought a new house" excuse this year--so may I present...the finished quilt!









I've also been busy knitting and sewing up a storm--including teaching knitting classes!  Hopefully many pictures and posts to come soon, but here's a shot of my quilting on one of our group charity quilts :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have been busy...both quilts look great! Does that mean that the economy block quilt is ready for binding?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day!