Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My first finished quilt!

I finished my first quilt. It was a baby quilt meant for a friend of my fiance, but after hand-stitching the binding, I cannot bear to part with it to someone I've met once.

I followed a quilting tutorial I found on youtube. Then, after oiling the daring foot of my brand new (used) machine...a Memory Craft 6500 which I LOOOOVE...I was able to add a fun custom border using free motion.

Not bad for a first attempt I think :)

So, in short, if your darning foot is squeaky, you CAN oil it! I was a bit unsure about that. And, the Memory Craft 6500 is a big upgrade from a Singer that's ~35 years old. I'm learning lots more every day, so more to come very soon. Including quilted placemats for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day!