Sunday, July 29, 2012

First Modern Design Realized!



A while back I started working on a quilt for my friend Krystal.  See here.  I tried a layout like this:

But settled on one like this:

But then the question was...how to quilt it?  I'd originally made a plan for quilting based on the first design plan.  Well, close to the end of the school year, I ended up with some hours to kill with only a new quilting book and a pad of paper to amuse myself.  I came up with a plan:

Now...I had no idea if I could actually execute this plan with limited free-motion experience...but I'm happy to report that I could!  It's amazing what you can do when you're trying to do it for someone else...someone that's going to love it no matter how it looks.  Normally, my perfectionism is my enemy.  I hope everyone is blessed to have friends that will love your crafts because you made them, and without judgement.

Here's a preview...the finished quilt is coming soon!
Love what you do!  Don't dwell on being perfect (lesson to my future self)...


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the quilting on it! You did such a good job!
    Love the colors,too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day!