Sunday, March 4, 2012

Free Motion Quilt Along: Playing with Scale

Again...I'm working from Leah Day's Free Motion Quilt Along. This is more from week 3 than week 2, but I tried to work in rows as I went. I'm trying to catch up, so I figure combining a few weeks here and there might be just the ticket. Here's what I came up with:

I was going for a 1 inch, 1/4 inch, and 1/2 inch scale. I love how it changes the way the fabric looks! And I'm enjoying free motion more each time I try it.

Now I guess I'm off to try and quickly piece a simple quilt top so that I can participate in week 8. And I'll be going to the store to get a fabric panel for weeks 4-6.

Ahhh...if only there weren't so many papers to grade...but there hasn't been snow or ice, so we get two makeup days off this coming weekend. Whooohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day!