Saturday, August 18, 2012

Basted and Ready to GO!

The quilt back got finished this morning and spray basted together with the top:
As you can see, the only space in the apartment big enough to lay the quilt out is our generously sized bathroom. (I LOVE our bathroom.)  It's perfect for a 60"x60" quilt so that will probably be my max (or quilt-as-you-go) while we live here.

 I pin basted it more than usual too, I know this will be a work in progress for a while.  I'm thinking these designs from Leah Day's magnificent 365 Free motion quilting designs will make an appearance:


So now I'm ready for my first quilt guild meeting ever (with DC Modern)!  I'm looking forward to meeting Katie and Anjeanette and many others!
In other news, since going into work on Wednesday I've been in studious hyper-drive trying to prepare.  I'm going through a Chemistry for Biology Students book and designing six versions of four different quizzes to go along with the book.
Hellooo school year!

I also managed to roast (or over-roast) my first chicken and give the Kitchen-Aid mixer its inaugural run making early-birthday cupcakes for Cynthia.  I used my grandmother's old secret recipe: one can of cherry pie filling, plus devils food mix, plus two eggs.  Makes a really light cake with a texture like Angel food, and it's oh so good!  I prefer to food process the cherries so they "hide" in the cake, but this time I just blended them in the mixer.  Still tasty, but the cake looks like a cherry chocolate cake.

Well, more chemistry awaits...

Aubrie

3 comments:

  1. Aubrie! It was so nice to meet you today! I can't believe I've had my machine for two years now and I had never heard about the different bobbin case for FMQ. I can't wait to try it out! This is exactly why I love being around other creative people. I learned something simple, but also huge! Can't wait to get to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubrie, I enjoyed meeting you today as well. Good luck with your FMQ. Your quilts look wonderful. Good luck with the upcoming school year. Your students will be lucky to be in your class!
    Linda F.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day!