Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Deliciousness...

Dinner was so good I had to keep a record of it so that I could reproduce it later...
...okay, so I started eating before I took the picture...if you could've smelled it you'd understand!

Recipes used:
French Potato salad with mustard vinaigrette
(I used more lemon because we had too much potato...also accidentally bought russets.  I don't make potato salad--ever--and was shopping without the recipe)

Lemon Coleslaw by Kay at The Church Cook
This is delicious!  You know it's good when your husband requests it a second time in the same week and it's a vegetable!  I halved the mayo (healthier!) and used any onion we had laying around (green onion and red onion thus far).  Also, I just used a bag of pre-shredded coleslaw mix.

Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
Oh my goodness, it's better than being back in Texas because it is cooler in VA and the beef tastes the same!  I used 16 oz of barbeque sauce instead of the ketchup and 1 c. ketchup instead of the chili sauce.  We bought beef ribs (2 lbs)--boneless and short ribs.  Cooked overnight, refrigerated all day, and then did 1.5 hours on high to warm back up for dinner!

Our stomachs are full, and we're happy after long days at work.  Pretty good day I'd say.  Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day!