Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday

It's my last week before returning back to professional development and teaching.  I've been keeping busy quilting...it's been so much fun!  I'm really looking forward to meeting a community of quilters here in Northern VA.  DC Modern Quilt Guild is hosting an event this Saturday, and I'll be there working on some of these things perhaps...

The charity quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids:
I've started quilting it using the circuit board pattern from the Free Motion Quilt Along.
The other bunnies have faces...which do you like best?
I like this one (although I hope he looks shy/embarrassed but not sad!)

And the quilt top is almost finished...I made some log cabin blocks for the four corners of the outer border.  I just need to cut the four strips of white and sew it together!
I'm enjoying them so much I'm not sure what I'll work on next...
I could keep working on the hexies...
 
Or pick up the owl quilt again...
 Or another baby quilt that will allow lots of free-motion practice
Or maybe a modern quilt for myself:

My sister starts her first teaching job tomorrow!  My heart goes out to her as she starts her biggest WIP yet!

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday, Quilty Embellishment Day, and the Free Motion Quilting Project (even though I'm quite a few weeks behind!)  Check these blogs out...they're wonderful and so are the projects people are linking!


7 comments:

  1. Your owls are so cute. I love the fabric that you are using in your hexies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bottom right the best I think---they are all adorable and must have been really fun to create!

    I like the owls too!

    Congrats to your sister on her new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the bunnies, and the owls. :) I think my favorite face is the sleepy/shy one with closed eyes. But that's a hard choice - they're all so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy! I love your top bar photo - it made me smile!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing that makes me smile! I couldn't have done it without you Leah. Thanks for the inspiration and guidance you give to all of us!

      Delete
  5. You are one busy gal. I taught for 15 years and never seemed to have time to quilt. Now I am retired and quilting like a crazy woman. Your work is vibrant and beautiful. Have a great school year and prayers for your sis!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the owl quilt - and I like the same bunny that you do......such a cute expression!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments make my day!